Friday, September 24, 2010

Tweaking

This morning, I spent some time editing. This edit wasn't a careful line edit which I do when I'm actually finished with a manuscript. In fact, I rarely edit during a first draft as, for me, it interferes with the process.

This was a quick clean-up, a tweaking. I had to adjust the Mom character's actions and dialogue in order to more fully flesh-out who she is. Most often when I first write about a character, I know nothing about her. She just starts talking (if I'm lucky...) to me. But then, she may change as I get to know her better and that forces me to tweak in order to make the new her and the old her gel.

The good news is they've gelled.

The better news is that I also got 716 words done.

The best news is that I stopped at a great place which will make it easier to start tomorrow (hopefully) or Monday.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment