Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Progress

I had a hard time getting started this morning. I don't know whether it was the rain, the chilliness, or feeling sleepy, but I kept avoiding my computer. Oh, I'd sit down and write a little, but then I'd go off and do something that clearly could have waited. Then I'd return to the computer, check email, some blogs I like, Facebook - and so on -  I know you've all been there.

But the good news is that I stuck it out. I almost quit at 600 words. I was at the end of one scene and could have picked it up tomorrow. But I didn't. I stuck it out, sat there and thought and wrote and then thought some more.  And wrote some more. Finally, I was rewarded with a total of 987 words.

I am humbled, once again. The only way to write is to sit there and do it. And no one can do it but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment